Transport Planner- Sub Contract Planner
£25,000 – £30,000
Monday – Friday, Days
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Sub Contract Transport Planner to join a leading general haulage business.
They are seeking a Transport Planner to support the current transport operation in the management of all sub contracted general haulage loads.
- Proven experience within the planning of third party general haulage loads
- Previous experience of planning for sub – contracted loads or working for a clearing house
- Transport Planning experience for bulk steel loads is highly desirable
- CPC – Transport Management Qualification (desirable)
- Previous Transport Planning experience within the general haulage industry.
- The ability to grow and develop general haulage contracts
- Experience within a similar transport manager position
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Presentable, polite and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Competent decision making
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Negotiating and managing 3PL haulier rates
- Performance management of all 3PL hauliers
- To grow the general haulage operation through existing contacts and networking
- Customer service – resolving customer issues/complaints and ensuring critical KPI’s are met.
- Coordination with external compliance provider
- Procedural accuracy, training and full compliance of all transport operations.
- Liaising with sub-contractors
If you have Transport Planning Experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.