Giving you the tools you need to get an entry-level job that will start you on your dream career path!
Getting a great job when you’re just starting out can be daunting. Whether it’s finding a role that aligns with your long-term goals, playing your cards right on LinkedIn, or breaking that “no job, experience” cycle, there’s a lot to think about if you want to get your foot on the career ladder.
Introducing… Aspion Search’s Cheat Codes series! Created by recruitment experts for the employees of tomorrow.
Let’s take a look at our top tips for overcoming common obstacles in this all-important job search, including our Cheat Codes for:
- Finding A Role That Aligns Professionally & Personally.
- Writing Great Cover Letters & CVs.
- Combatting The “No Job, No Experience” Cycle.
- Creating Your Personal Brand Online & Offline.
- Being Successful At Interview Stage.
- Utilising LinkedIn In Your Job Search.
6 strategies to get an entry-level job you love
Our insights can help you get a leg up on the competition, whatever industry you want to get into…
1. Finding A Role That Aligns Professionally & Personally
If you want a career that you’re passionate about and feels like a good fit, then you’re in luck! Nowadays, more companies than ever before are putting time and investment into their values and workplace culture.
So, what can you do to pin down a career that really feels like it makes sense for you?
Here’s your action plan:
- Solidify your key values: Align your job search with your values by listing the ones that are most important to you.
- Read up on company values: Research is essential! Check out the social profiles, websites, and mission statements of potential employers to see if they share your values.
- See what other employees have to say: Want to know what a potential employer is really like to work for? Find out by researching reviews from current and past employees.
- Make the most of the interview: Interviewers are always impressed by people who ask carefully considered questions (more on this later). Take the opportunity to find out if you and your prospective employer are aligned.
Of course, we can’t fit all the info you’ll need here. So, for much more detail, practical advice and tips that will help you supercharge your entry-level job search, drop us a message to get FREE access to our eBook, Cheat Codes for Finding A Role That Aligns Professionally & Personally!
2. Writing Great Cover Letters & CVs
Your cover letter can be the difference between landing a role and not being considered… and a CV is just as important.
If you want to know how to write great cover letters and CVs that will enhance your chances, this is what you need to know:
- Tailor it: Make sure what you send is specific to the role you’re applying for and shows your personality.
- Highlight your strengths: Outline your key experience and any skills that match the role.
- Keep it professional: Remember that your cover letter and CV are your chance to make a first impression, so it’s important to keep it professional.
- Check it: Whatever you do, don’t forget to proofread and edit before you press send!
There’s a whole lot more to be said about this – after all, it is a key component of any job search! So, for more information and top tips, you can message us for FREE access to our eBook, Cheat Codes for Writing Great Cover Letters & CVs.
3. Combatting The “No Job, No Experience” Cycle
When you can’t get a job because you have no experience, but you can’t get experience because you don’t have a job! It can feel like an impossible cycle to break, but there are things you can do.
So, where should you look for jobs when you have no experience?
- Online job boards: Keep an eye on the latest roles in your chosen industry across different job boards.
- LinkedIn: Follow big names and exciting brands in the sector – this is also a great way to stay up to date with relevant industry news.
- Careers fairs: Have a look for job fairs in your area – they’re the perfect opportunity to network, ask questions, and see what’s out there!
- Work with a recruiter: Try partnering with a recruiter that understands your target industry, the entry-level requirements, and has industry connections.
For a more in-depth insights into the “No Job, No Experience” cycle and what you can do to break out of it, drop us a message today for FREE access to Cheat Codes for Combatting The “No Job, No Experience” cycle.
4. Creating Your Personal Brand Online & Offline
Personal brand isn’t just a buzzword – it’s how you define and promote yourself to potential employers (and everyone else). In other words, if you’re trying to get an entry-level job you love, personal brand is a powerful thing that’s not to be overlooked.
Here’s how good personal branding can support you in your job search:
- Helps you control the narrative about yourself.
- A great way to stand out from the competition.
- Makes people in your industry more aware of your credibility.
- Helps you create new opportunities and connections.
- Minimise imposter syndrome.
If you want clear and concise steps that will help you create a strong personal brand both online and offline, then message us today! We’ll give you FREE access to our eBook, Cheat Codes for Personal Brand Online & Offline.
5. Being Successful At Interview Stage
Great news – you’ve got in the room! Now how do you get the job?
Let’s sum up the steps you’ll need to be successful at the interview stage:
- Preparation: You can never be too prepared! Make sure you’ve done your research, you’re organised and as focused as possible.
- Presentation: Remember that how you present yourself and how comfortable you are will be key to success.
- First impressions: Did you know 80% of communication is non-verbal? And that 80% of interviews are decided within the first 5 minutes? Make it count.
- The interview: It’s your time to shine! Put your best foot forward and communicate your unique “selling points”.
- Closing: Had a great interview? Now it’s time to leave them with a good impression. Show your interest, and let them know your intentions.
- Post-interview: Make sure to continue the conversation after the interview – get in touch and show your interest!
There’s a lot to say about the interview stage. So, for full details – including key advice that will help you seal the deal – get in touch today for FREE access to our eBook, Cheat Codes for Being Successful At Interview Stage.
6. Utilising LinkedIn In Your Job Search
A lot of people overlook LinkedIn in their job search, but it’s an unbeatable way to search for well-matched opportunities and stand out when you apply.
Here are just some of the advantages of using LinkedIn to get an entry-level job – or any job, for that matter!
- On LinkedIn, you have more control over how you represent yourself (which is great for your personal brand, too).
- You can connect with potential employers who are actively looking for people with your skills.
- You can highlight all different types of experience – even if you don’t have specific industry experience yet.
In other words, LinkedIn can save you valuable time and make your job search a success.
Whether you’re new to the world of LinkedIn or you want to make your profile the best it can be, check out our top recruiter tips! Just message us today to request our eBook, Cheat Codes for Utilising LinkedIn In Your Job Search.
Unlock the Cheat Codes series
In our Cheat Codes eBooks, we give you our best tips, tricks, and inside knowledge to coach you into the career you want.
So, to get an entry-level job that will set you up for long-term success, get in touch today! We’ll give you free access to the whole series (or any specific eBook you fancy) and help you land a job you love.
Aspion Search is a Search & Selection firm specialising in Transport & Logistics, Shipping, Sales, IT Sales, and Metals across multiple sectors throughout the UK and Europe.
For more information on the Cheat Codes eBook series or our specialist industries, message us on LinkedIn or get in touch today:
Call us: 0151 209 2050
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org