There couldn’t be a better time to become a HGV driver. With the driver shortage at an all time high, still in the news most days, and the pressure on supply chains – HGV drivers are needed more than ever!
HGV Drivers – the industry needs you…
What does a HGV driver do?
- Operating commercial vehicles
- Supervising or helping to load and unload goods & ensuring they are safe
- Lifting/carrying goods
- Following traffic reports and adapting routes if necessary
- Completing delivery paperwork
- Keeping up-to-date logbooks
- Carrying out basic routine maintenance
- Driving long and short distances
- Local trips or occasionally nights away from home
Why should I choose a HGV driving career?
1. Lots of HGV driving work
With the driver shortage having so much of an impact in the UK, there are a lot of opportunities for HGV drivers. Between the labour shortages and the need for more drivers – the industry is in desperate need for more candidates to join the workforce.
Professional drivers, with a valid HGV license, will have job security and will always be in demand!
Here at Aspion, we have a variety of HGV driving roles available to suit each individual, may it be part time, full time, or ad hoc… Reach out to our consultants today!
2. Potential for high earning as a driver
There is potential for high earnings as a HGV driver. Work with a specialist driving recruitment agency (like us!) and you’ll get competitive rates and your standards will always be met. We want to make you feel valued and appreciated for the work you do!
Rates could be up to £60,000, dependent on the role.
We listen to what you want and work to understand exactly what you need, so we’re best placed to find the best position for you!
3. Freedom & flexibility with a HGV career
Once you’ve completed your driver training, HGV driving tests, and start working in the transport and logistics industry – you may feel like your own boss.
The freedom and flexibility that comes with driving as a job is one of the reasons a lot of HGV drivers love what they do. Sound appealing?
4. Easy to get into the driving career path
What do I need to do to become a HGV driver? Becoming a qualified HGV driver is not as expensive as you may think…
What you’ll need:
- Be over 18
- Category B or a category C+E driving license
- Complete a medical exam
- Apply for your provisional lorry license
- Pass a theory & practical test
- Get your driver certificate of Professional Competence qualification
- Be reliable
You’re ready to go once all of this is done! And it can only take between 8-10 weeks…
5. Job variety & opportunity with a HGV license
Every day is different – this isn’t your typical 9-5 job! Being out on the road, travelling all over the UK, working independently…
There’s so much opportunity in this field of work. You could be sent to all sorts of different areas, and your career could take you anywhere, from 2 miles away, to a different country!
Benefits of working with Aspion as a driver…
As a specialist driver recruitment agency, if you’re looking to become a driver… we’re the people to partner with…
- Flexible option to “bank” holiday pay OR add it to your hourly rate.
- Aspion’s driving team have over 10 years experience between them and can talk you through any queries, problems or just be a general go-to for support.
- An experienced consultant assigned to you with 24/7 contact hours.
- Potential for high earnings – we want you to earn a great living so you continue to recommend new drivers to us.
- Being a temporary driver can help work around your lifestyle and give you the flexibility you want.
- We are knowledgeable and qualified (CPC Management and O.L.A.T qualified) in our field and want to ensure we find work that suits you!
Check out our driving consultants here…