Accountancy Practice Operations Manager
Monday – Friday
£35k to £45k (depending on experience)
Do you have you experience working in an accountancy practice?
Do you hold an accounting qualification in ACCA or ACA?
Would you like a varied role, where you can add towards succession planning?
If the answer to these questions is YES I would like to hear from you…
- Responsible for a small portfolio of clients
- Delivering profitable work & improving staff efficiency levels
- Responsible for delivering monthly and quarterly client management accounts
- Manage workflow and to work with all Directors and the team to achieve the best possible financial management of the practice.
Office and work flow management
- Planning and Work Flow Management and liaise with the team on turnaround times
- Supervision of accounting team & mentoring of new members of accounting team
- Coaching, training and development of the accounting team
- Helping accounts preparation team with urgent/difficult tasks
- Problem solving ethos, available resource for financial accounts ‘firefighting’ and deadline delivery.
- Management of cash flow and profit forecasts to meet customer/funders deadlines
- Providing financial advice
- Management of financial systems and budgets
- Undertaking financial audits
- Complete VAT Returns, Advising on tax planning
- Performing tests to check financial information and systems
- Maintaining records, preparing accounts and management information
- Advising clients on areas of business improvement, or dealing with insolvency
- Responsible for ensuring that staff time records are completed accurately & input daily
- Qualification in ACCA or ACA
- Experience in practice
- Able to complete work on time and meet client or work flow deadlines
- Proactive, look for and accept responsibility
- Flexible, approachable, able to work under pressure
- Well organised, in control and helpful
- Ability to control jobs and complete on time within budget (to be profitable)
- Someone with whom we can work and who helps reduce the pressure of work on the Directors and our team
Please apply via the link below