Health Safety Officer
£30,000 – £34,000
Monday – Friday, 40 Hours
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Health & Safety Officer to join a market leading feeds and compounds manufacturer.
They are seeking an experienced Health & safety Officer to support the current H&S team to play a pivotal role in delivering and maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture.
- NEBOSH Certified (desirable)
- IOSH certified
- 5+ years H&S officer experience in a similar environment
- Experience within feeds and compounds industry (desirable)
- Environmental knowledge is highly desirable
- Led and performed site and factory audits
- Able to identify and separate out the key components of problems and situation
- Resilient character ad can lead a change culture
- Enthusiastic approach
- A keen interest in health and safety
- Hard working and reliable
- Respects other people’s opinions
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a change culture across the site
- Implement the Occupational Health and Safety management system (OHSMS) and environmental management system (EMS) in line with ISO standards
- Ensure the business remains compliant with legislative and other key stakeholder requirements
- Assist and advise department managers and their teams in identifying and assessing risks and planning actions to reduce risk in their areas of responsibility
- Assist department managers in ensuring standard operating procedures are created and suitable and effective employee training is implemented and recorded
- Assist in ensuring all accidents, incidents and near misses are investigated, and appropriate actions are taken to prevent recurrence.
- Defining core competencies for key roles in relation to H, S & E
- Provide regular performance evaluation insight to the business through audit, inspection, KPI reporting and management review
- Assist the leadership team in defining and implementing the HSE culture change on site “challenge the norm”
- Communicate awareness of health and safety by means of effective health and safety committees, suitable campaigns, signage and posters
- Monitor compliance with legal requirements across our sites
- Deliver health and safety inductions for all new starters and those requiring a refresher
If you have Health & safety Officer experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.