£50,000 – £70,000 (depending on experience) + Car Allowance
Monday – Friday, 40 Hours
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Engineering Manager to join a market leading feeds and compounds manufacturer.
They are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to support the current Engineering team team to play a pivotal role in project management and managing the maintenance activity within the department.
- NEBOSH – diploma or equivalent (desirable)
- Must have a hands on approach and lead from the front
- Engineering Maintenance experience in a high volume, fast moving feeds and compounds manufacturing environment is desirable
- Engineering experience within mills and animal feed is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven experience in driving through continuous improvement activities
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Behavioural safety
- Flexible approach and must be able to travel to 3 sites in the UK
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Facilitate a programme of Planned Preventative Maintenance and condition monitoring for key equipment & machinery across the manufacturing areas
- Assist as directed / required with improvement and capital expenditure programs to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Manage engineering team to prioritise activities such as reactive maintenance, breaks etc
- Assist with the training of colleagues in the relevant activities, in accordance with H&S and engineering legislative codes of practice policies and procedures
- Ensure that any maintenance is carried out in accordance with the appropriate risk assessment and method statement
- Inform line management and the H&S Manager of any work that requires a method statement or risk assessment
- Support with additional maintenance tasks across the UK sites as and when requested
- Develop a team approach to continuous improvement opportunities
- Lead, support, coach and mentor your team to successfully implement lean techniques and continuously improve the process.
- Manage and control work permits for contractors
If you have Engineering Management experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.