Transport Health & Safety Manager
FMCG & Logistics
£50,000 – £55,000
Monday – Friday
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Health & Safety Manager to join a market leading FMCG transport distributor.
They are seeking a NEBOSH qualified Transport H&S Manager to support the current Health & Safety team to play a pivotal role in delivering and maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture across a large logistics operation.
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Experienced in overseeing H&S for 250 + employees
- Significant H&S management experience of a HGV fleet
- Multi-site H&S management experience highly desirable
- Experience within fa retail and FMCG environment
- Experience within a logistics, transport and distribution network
- Led and performed site and factory audits
- Able to identify and separate out the key components of problems and situation
- Experience of high volume, fast paced operations
- Enthusiastic approach
- Hard working and reliable
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the business remains compliant with legislative and other key stakeholder requirements
- Assist and advise department managers and their teams in identifying and assessing risks and planning actions to reduce risk in their areas of responsibility
- Assist department managers in ensuring standard operating procedures are created and suitable and effective employee training is implemented and recorded
- Assist in ensuring all accidents, incidents and near misses are investigated, and appropriate actions are taken to prevent recurrence.
- Provide regular performance evaluation insight to the business through audit, inspection, KPI reporting and management review
- Assist the leadership team in defining and implementing the HSE culture change on site “challenge the norm”
- Communicate awareness of health and safety by means of effective health and safety committees, suitable campaigns, signage and posters
- Monitor compliance with legal requirements
- Deliver health and safety inductions for all new starters and those requiring a refresher
If you have Transport H&S Management experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.