Merchandiser/Purchasing Assistant – Manufacturing
£20,000 – £24,000
I’m currently working with a leading manufacturing company who are seeking an ambitious and confident Assistant to join their busy team.
The main responsibilities would be to develop strong working relationships with all of their suppliers to ensure all orders are delivered on time and in full. It would be this person’s job to support the Merchandiser, who makes sure they have the right items in the warehouse at the right time.
Duties would include:
- Maintaining the delivery date schedule
- Ensuring the stock file is updated to reflect accurate delivery dates
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure they are fully prepared for deliveries
- Reviewing weekly back order summary to chase up supplier deliveries and bring forward orders where necessary
- Maintaining the database of supplier information
- Ensuring the correct items are showing in the correct categories on the website
- 1 years minimum experience in a similar role –buying or purchasing
- Great organisational skills, proactive with a willingness to learn;
- Good problem-solving skills with a logical and analytical approach as well as an adaptable mind-set;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels;
- Strong numerical skills;
- Strong IT capabilities, literate in Microsoft Office packages, especially Microsoft Excel;
If you feel that you have the relevant skills and experience, and that you would like to hear more about this role. Please contact Victoria Riley at Aspion recruitment.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.