£22,000 – £27,000 (Flexible Depending On Experience)
Monday – Friday- Days
An exciting ‘brand new’ role has arisen with a leading forwarder, for an experienced Customs Coordinator. The role is to cover customs inputting to ensure that all clearance processes are completed in a complaint and timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have a customs background in road freight across either import or export and a good knowledge of CHIEF, Destin8, CNS, Data Freight or similar systems.
- Experience within using CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and Data Freight or similar systems is highly advantageous
- Must have experience within writing customs declarations and clearances
- Road freight customs clearance experience
- Customs experience within a forwarding business is highly desirable
- ‘Attention to detail’ is very important to ensure the business is compliant and passes HMRC audits, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Previous experience within a freight forwarding, logistics or customs clearance position
- A background within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
- HMRC – Customs declarations experience, Imports and exports
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Interfacing between the management team, HMRC, customs, suppliers and end Customers
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize workloads.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Competent decision making
- Must have a flexible approach
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Processing bookings from customer by phone/email.
- Booking transport with European hauliers. Knowledge and relationships with own your own set of hauliers an advantage.
- Handling and co—ordinating the customs procedures now that the UK has left the EU.
- Handle the coordination of freight (road, air or ocean)
- Handle all operational aspects of import and export file management
- Liaising with third party hauliers for planning any additional capacity
- Producing a range of freight documentation including DGN’s and bills of lading
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with internal and external clients.
- Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure that expectations are met during the movement of cargo.
- Working closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure smooth operations to deadlines;
- Managing reports and providing clients with regular updates on costs, opportunities and contract performance
- Purchase and sales invoicing.
- In down time you will be expected to make sales calls to generate new business.
- Building / maintaining relationships with clients.
If you have Customs Coordinator experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.