I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Supervisor to join a family run business who provide a diverse range of Logistics Services throughout the UK, Ireland & Europe.
They are seeking a Transport Supervisor to support the current transport operation in the management of plan execution, operational management, driver management and customer service.
• UK, Irish haulage experience is highly desirable
• Driver management experience
• Experience of working within a fast paced transport office
• Previous experience working within a seasonal transport operation
• Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external
• A good understanding of transport regulations
• Thorough understanding of driver compliance requirements, and infringement actions
• The ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
• Team player with a flexible “Can-Do” attitude
• Previous experience in transport/planning environment
• Transport supervisory experience preferred
• Ability to work in a pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Strong communication skills – ability to communicate clearly at all levels
• Able to work using own initiative
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Carry out the day to day procedures of the Traffic Office and instruct drivers in their daily duties to ensure that the customers’ requirements are met.
• Instruct drivers fully on each job to be undertaken and ensure that they are fully aware of requirements to enable each task to be correctly completed.
• Ensure that Drivers follow the instructions detailed in the drivers handbook and that appropriate measures are taken to prevent damage or deterioration to products during loading, transportation or delivery and that all documentation/records are suitably completed
• Retrieve completed documentation at the earlier time process it in the required manner
• Controlling/Monitoring Drivers records including Tachograph information
• Liaise with the workshop to ensure defected, Service and MOT equipment available as agreed and kept in safe and legal condition
If you have Transport Supervisor experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.