Transport Supervisor / Head of Palletline
£28,000 – £30,000 (flexible depending on experience)
Monday – Friday, 05:30 – 15:30 / 10:30 – 20:30
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Head of Palletline to join a large family run business who specialise within pallet network and groupage loads for the UK.
They are seeking a Transport Supervisor to support the current transport operation in the management of the pallet line division.
- Palletline / pallet network experience
- A solid understanding of rules and regulations of the Palletline
- Transport route planning or supervisory experience
- Previous experience of working in a Pallet Network
- Experience of working within a busy transport office
- Have a dynamic approach to solve resource and planning resolution/ modifications
- Computer literate
- Have a basic understanding of Large Goods Vehicles (weights, dimensions and terminology)
- A good geographic knowledge
- A proactive approach to continual professional development
- An excellent team player, able to work on own initiative and make decisions
- An effective communicator
- A positive attitude towards customer service and continuous improvement
- Ability to question, challenge and improve upon existing processes
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Main point of contact for Palletline depots
- Keep all customers informed of all failed services or significant delays
- Provide the communication link between customers and drivers
- Supervising and managing driver workloads
- Managing your driver’s daily activities in line with the Working Time Directive and Driving hours.
- Planning vehicles around requests, challenges and changes
- Monitoring customer requests, allocating jobs and issuing instructions
- Keeping up to date with transport issues and dealing with changes to the days schedules
- Communicate fleet availability and issues to the whole team
- Liaising with drivers and colleagues to ensure on time deliveries
- Pre-brief and de-brief drivers on their daily runs throughout the day
- Troubleshooting critical transport related issues as they arise in a live environment
If you have Palletline experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.