£24,000 – £27,500
Monday – Friday, 06:00 – 14:30
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Planner to join a family run business who specialise within general haulage and pallet network operations.
They are seeking a Transport Planner to support the current transport operation in the management of route planning and customer service.
- General haulage or pallet network planning experience
- Groupage and load planning experience is highly desirable
- Previous experience within a fast paced transport planning position
- Experience of using system based planning tools
- Strong administrative skills
- Self-learner, the ability to continually learn, develop and adapt
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Competent decision making
- Good geographical knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Route planning for full loads, groupage and pallet network loads
- Monitoring driver performance
- Liaise with the network of hauliers to obtain backloads
- Complete accurate trailer manifests
- Review driver routes and plan to maximise efficiency
- Keep all customers informed of all failed services or significant delays
- Provide the communication link between customers and drivers
- Supervising and managing driver workloads
- Managing your driver’s daily activities in line with the Working Time Directive and Driving hours.
- Ensuring every customer receives excellent customer service
If you have Transport Planner experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.