£24,000 – £26,000 (flexible depending on experience)
Monday – Friday, 08:00 am – 05:30 pm
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Planner to join a business who specialise within general haulage and contract logistics operations.
They are seeking a Transport Planner to support the current transport operation in the management of route planning and customer service.
- General haulage planning experience is desirable
- Groupage and load planning experience is highly desirable
- Experience of transport planning on a manual basis is essential
- Previous experience within a fast paced transport planning position
- Previous experience of route planning for circa 20 Artics & Rigids
- Experience of using system based planning tools
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Competent decision making
- Good geographical knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Route planning for full load and groupage off-shore loads
- Monitoring driver performance
- Complete accurate trailer manifests
- Review driver routes and plan to maximise efficiency
- Keep all customers informed of all failed services or significant delays
- Provide the communication link between customers and drivers
- Supervising and managing driver workloads
- Managing your driver’s daily activities in line with the Working Time Directive and Driving hours.
- Ensuring every customer receives excellent customer service
If you have Transport Planner experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.