Newport, South Wales
£23,000 – £26,000
4on 4 off, 6am – 6pm
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Traffic Planner to join a large family run business who specialise within general haulage loads for the UK and Europe.
They are seeking a Traffic Planner to support the current transport operation in the management of route planning.
- General haulage route planning experience is desirable
- Excellent system based transport planning experience
- Experienced within route planning for circa 50 x Tractor Units
- Previous experience within a fast paced transport planning position
- Experience of sourcing and seeking backloads is desirable
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Competent decision making
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Route planning for general haulage collections and deliveries UK wide for next day distribution
- Sub-contracting routes to 3PL whilst maintaining efficiency and customer service levels
- Monitoring driver performance
- Review driver routes and plan to maximise efficiency
- Keep all customers informed of all failed services or significant delays
- Provide the communication link between customers and drivers
- Supervising and managing driver workloads
- Ensuring your routes are numbered correctly and all jobs are sequenced
- Managing your driver’s daily activities in line with the Working Time Directive and Driving hours.
- Ensuring every customer receives excellent customer service
- Investigating failed services and looking into ways to resolve site issues
If you have Traffic Planner experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.