£35,000 – £41,000 (Depending on experience)
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5:00pm
My client is seeking a skilled and experienced Transport Planner to join their dynamic team in Byfleet. As a Transport Planner, you will be responsible for efficiently planning and coordinating the transportation of goods using rigid and articulated vehicles. Your role will involve optimizing routes, managing schedules, and ensuring timely and cost-effective deliveries.
- Competitive salary range of £35,000 – £41,000 per annum
- 20 days of annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- 5% quarterly bonus based on performance
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Sports & social club memberships / events (EU wide)
- Hybrid role, flexibility to work 2 days a week from home
- Previous experience as a Transport Planner or in a similar role is essential
- Strong knowledge of transport and logistics operations, including route planning and scheduling.
- Have a basic understanding of Large Goods Vehicles (weights, dimensions and terminology)
- Familiarity with working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Proficient in using transport planning software and tools.
- Excellent organisational and multitasking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of transportation regulations and compliance requirements.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Route Planning: Develop efficient transportation plans for rigid and articulated vehicles, considering factors such as delivery deadlines, vehicle capacity, fuel consumption, and traffic conditions.
- Schedule Management: Coordinate delivery schedules and manage driver assignments to ensure on-time deliveries while maximizing resource utilization.
- Fleet Coordination: Collaborate with the fleet management team to allocate appropriate vehicles for specific loads and ensure their availability and maintenance.
- Compliance and Regulations: Stay updated with transportation regulations, including driver working hours, tachograph requirements, and vehicle safety standards, and ensure adherence to them.
- Customer Communication: Liaise with customers and internal stakeholders to understand their transportation requirements, address concerns, and provide accurate delivery updates.
- Performance Analysis: Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) such as delivery accuracy, on-time performance, and fuel efficiency, and identify areas for improvement.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to optimize transportation processes, reduce costs, and enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of transportation activities, generate reports on performance metrics, and contribute to regular management updates.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with the transport operations team, drivers, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth and effective transportation operations.
If you have Transport Planner experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.