4 on 4 off, Nights, 18:00 – 06:00
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced General Haulage Transport Planner to join a large organisation who specialise within general haulage loads throughout the UK.
They are seeking a Transport Planner to support the current transport operation in supporting the logistics function and pivotal in offering the customer a positive end to end solution for transport requirements.
- Transport Planning experience is essential
- Previous experience within the General Haulage industry is essential
- A good geographic knowledge
- Experience of Sterling systems is preferred but not essential
- Ability to work as part of a team and have strong communication skills.
- Previous experience of working to targets in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proactive, highly driven and have the ability to work under their own initiative.
- Must have good time keeping and organisational skills.
- An excellent team player, able to work on own initiative and make decisions
- A positive attitude towards customer service and continuous improvement
- Ability to question, challenge and improve upon existing processes
Duties and Responsibilities;
- To Plan allocated resource pool legally, compliantly and efficiently ensuring all EU and WTD legislation is achieved.
- Achieve Weekly Vehicle targets and minimise cost against KPI’s
- Work closely with colleagues within the planning team to ensure fleet utilisation is optimal.
- Monitor and manage vehicle movements from point of origin to destination.
- Report all non-conformances to customers in a timely manner.
- Comply with the Company’s trading standards and conditions
- Ensure all jobs are completed in full and charged completed in order for accounts to process invoices.
- Plan other resource when required for holiday cover etc.
- Take appropriate action on any Health & Safety issues reported
- Maintain daily contact with depots, warehouse and Operations Departments to communicate as required,
- Other duties as may reasonably be required of you by the management of the Company.
If you have Transport Planner experience within the general haulage sector and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.