£40,000 – £50,000
4 on 4 off – Days
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Manager to join a leading general haulage and pallet network business.
They are seeking a Transport Manager to support the current transport operation in the management of general haulage and pallet network loads.
- CPC – Transport Management Qualification
- Proven experience within the management of circa 50+ Artics & Rigids
- Previous Transport management experience within the General Haulage and Pallet Network
- Transport planning background or proven experience of leading transport planning teams
- The ability to grow and develop general haulage contracts
- Experience within a similar transport manager position
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Presentable, polite and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Competent decision making
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Manage the development, performance and maintenance of the organisation’s transport
- To grow the general haulage operation through existing contacts and networking
- Supervision of route planning, resource allocation and management, driver supervision
- Customer service – resolving customer issues/complaints and ensuring critical KPI’s are met.
- Procedural accuracy, training and full compliance of all transport operations
- Managing general transport budget
- Liaising with sub-contractors
- Recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met
- Preparation of management reports, including MPG, activity, costs/vehicles, monthly budgets, collection efficiency and yard service
If you have Transport Manager Experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.