£18,000 – £22,000 (flexible depending on experience)
Days – Various Shift Patterns Available (flexible)
I’m currently recruiting for a Trainee Transport Planner to join a family run business who specialise within bulk liquid collections and tanker loads for the UK.
They are seeking a Trainee Transport Planner to support the current transport operation in the management of route planning and customer service
- Experience of working within a transport and logistics office
- Bulk liquid, tanker or ADR / Non ADR planning experience is desirable
- Excellent system based transport planning experience
- Experienced in route planning for circa 40 x Tractor Units and Rigids is desirable
- Previous experience within a fast paced transport planning position
- Experience of using Webfleet and ManData is desirable
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong ICT experience
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Competent decision making
- Good geographical knowledge of the North West and UK
- Must be flexible
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Route planning for bulk liquid collections and deliveries UK wide for same day and next distribution
- Monitoring driver performance
- Review driver routes and plan to maximise efficiency
- Keep all customers informed of all failed services or significant delays
- Provide the communication link between customers and drivers
- Supervising and managing driver workloads
- Ensuring your routes are numbered correctly and all jobs are sequenced
- Managing your driver’s daily activities in line with the Working Time Directive and Driving hours.
- Ensuring every customer receives excellent customer service
- Investigating failed services and looking into ways to resolve site issues
If you have Transport Planner or Coordinator experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.