Job Title: Steel Price Forecaster
Salary – Competitive – dependent on experience
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Steel Price Forecaster role to join a team at a leading steel market analysis company, specialising in independently researched global steel prices, indices and forecasts.
The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in analysing market trends, forecasting steel prices, and providing valuable insights to clients in the steel industry. If you hold a deep understanding of market dynamics, a strong analytical mindset and a passion for staying ahead of industry trends, then this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to an organisation’s success.
- Salary – Competitive dependent on experience
- 35 -hour working week
- Monday to Friday – 09.00am – 17.00pm
- A degree of homeworking will also be offered to the successful candidate.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays – holiday entitlement (3-4 days reserved for Christmas shutdown week)
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Death in Service benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On-site car park
- Carry out comprehensive research and analysis of market trends, supply-demand factors, global economic indicators, and geopolitical events to predict steel prices with precision.
- Monitor industry news, government policies, and trade regulations to identify potential effects on steel prices.
- Employ statistical models, data analysis methods, and forecasting tools to generate accurate and dependable forecasts of steel prices.
- Work in tandem with cross-functional teams to collect pertinent data and insights to improve forecast precision.
- Effectively convey and present steel price forecasts to internal stakeholders, clients, and industry professionals.
- Regularly assess and enhance forecasting methodologies, models, and processes to ensure their accuracy and relevance.
- Offer expert advice and suggestions to clients about steel price fluctuations and market dynamics.
- Keep abreast of industry developments, technological progress, and emerging market trends related to steel pricing.
- Establish and nurture relationships with industry experts, analysts, and market influencers to gain insights and improve forecasting abilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field is required.
- An advanced degree or professional certifications in a related discipline would be beneficial.
- Demonstrate experience in creating forecast models and/or working in a similar market analysis role.
- Excellent analytical abilities with the capacity to decipher complex data and market trends.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software and forecasting tools.
- Familiarity with the steel industry or commodities sector, including key market players, pricing mechanisms, and supply chain dynamics would be advantageous.
- A solid grasp of macroeconomic factors, geopolitical events, and industry-specific regulations that impact the steel market.
- Effective communication abilities to articulate complex concepts and forecasts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- The ability to work cooperatively in cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- A proactive and detail-oriented approach with a commitment to accuracy and continuous improvement.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make informed decisions under time pressure.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Aine McNulty- Associate Consultant (Metals & Engineering)
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.