Customs Clearances / Road Freight
£20,000 – £25,000 (Flexible Depending On Experience)
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
An exciting ‘brand new’ role has arisen with a leading transport and haulage association for a Road Freight Customs Agent. The role is to cover customs inputting to ensure that all clearance processes are completed in a complaint and timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have a customs background in road freight across either import or export and have experience in a customer facing role within the transport and logistics industry.
- Previous experience within the road haulage industry
- Experience within writing customs declarations and clearances
- Experience of dealing with customers directly either within road transport or shipping
- Experience of using customs software is desirable
- ‘Attention to detail’ is very important to ensure the business is compliant and passes HMRC audits, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Previous experience within a freight forwarding, logistics or customs clearance position
- A background within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
- HMRC – Customs declarations experience, Imports and exports
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Interfacing between the management team, HMRC, customs, suppliers and end Customers
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize workloads.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Competent decision making
- Must have a flexible approach
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Involved in the day to day customs clearance activities
- Preparation of customs entries to ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are met
- Preparation of other trade documentation and forms required
- Liaising with importers/exporters and others to obtain mandatory information for import and export entries
- Enter data onto specialist customs software
- Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently relating to customs procedures, tariff classifications, duty rates and any other documentation requirements
- Keep up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
- Liaise with Port Health and Customs officials on document checks
If you have Customs Agent experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.