Operations Manager – Logistics
Monday to Friday (occasional weekends on a rota’d basis)
£25,000 – £30,000
I’ve partnered with specialist logistics company who are seeking an experience Operations Manager who will oversee, and execute the daily Operations Team schedule and ad-hoc bookings across 30 drivers to achieve operational efficiency while providing the highest levels of customer service.
As Operations Manager, you’ll act as the main point of contact for company drivers and its clients.
- Maintain excellent customer service via email and phone, ensuring any requests are dealt with accurately and timely
- Manage the planning of ad hoc collections to ensure these are carried out cost effectively while minimising the possibility of non-compliance, over-hours and adhering to health & safety
- Maintain and ensure accurate data input for site arrival times, failed collections and any other KPI data as required by the client
- Create weekly rotas and ensure the work is shared evenly between the driver pool
- Maintain the drivers annual leave and availability schedule accurately to ensure full service provision
- Ensure the driver pool is compliant and raise issues with them through the reporting procedure, escalating to senior management as required
- Liaise with the Fleet Manager to ensure the fleet is maintained within parameters and that all defects are reported and resolved
- Experience working in a logistics/Transport office overseeing the operation
- Experience managing compliance and regulations
- Eager, ambitious and forwarding thinking mind-set
If you have the required experience for this role and would like to be considered, please apply via the link or contact Victoria Riley at Aspion Recruitment
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.