Maintenance Engineer – Nights
Sector – Food Manufacturing
£15.63 per hour, circa £32,500 per annum
Monday – Friday, 10:00pm – 6:00am
I’m currently recruiting for a semi-skilled Mechanical Engineer to join a large family run business who specialise within the manufacturing and distribution of various fresh food products.
They are seeking a Semi-Skilled Engineer to support the current FMCG operation in the management of mechanical and electrical maintenance for the site.
- Must be a qualified, mechanical engineer, with previous working experience gained in a Production environment
- Experience within Food manufacturing, high risk / high care environments (desirable)
- Fabrication and welding experienced
- 17th or 18th Edition (desirable)
- Must have the ability to work on their own initiative and be a confident decision maker.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Competent decision making
Duties and Responsibilities;
- To ensure that all maintenance work is carried out with due regard to the safety of employees adhering to relevant regulations
- To drive efficiency improvements by reducing downtime
- Improve product change over procedures using SMED procedures
- To control any contractors on site ensuring all documentation is available
- To help maintain all maintenance records, ensuring all documentation is in place and up to date
- To help build and maintain a cost effective spare parts store
- To work with operations manager to reduce machine and processing problems in order to improve output efficiency
If you have Maintenance Engineering experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.