Lead Raw Material Planner
£25,000 – £30,000
Would like to work for a global FMCG company that manufacture some of the most recognised snacks that can be found in your local supermarket??
Do you have a background managing raw material within supply chain?
If so, I’m recruiting a very exciting opportunity for a Lead Raw Materials Planner to join to business who are experience tremendous growth!
The RM Planner plays a fundamental role in ensuring that production schedules are met by purchasing the necessary raw materials in a timely manner. The Lead RM planner supports the MRP function in executing the daily MRP tasks and working in conjunction with Production Planning and the RM Planner to determine the resources necessary to meet the production schedule and to ensure timely arrivals of raw materials into the factory to avoid operational downtime
In addition to this the Lead RM Planner provides key inputs to the processes controlling RM obsolescence and the IBP process, and monitor run in/run out of SKU’s to this end. Provide escalation point for day to day issues and support the RM planner and Production Planning function
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor inventory levels against forecast and place orders to maintain adequate levels of parts and raw materials to manufacture the product along with adequate safety stocks
- Monitor deliveries to ensure supplier compliance to delivery schedule.
- Process MRP and ensure timely order placement for all purchase orders.
- Checking expected deliveries daily and making adjustments to the delivery schedule based upon amendments to the production plan.
- Updating ERP system with BOM’s via the product specification documents.
- Creation of RM part code for new launched and co-ordination with Production Planning
- Provide escalation point for day to day issues and support RM Planner
- Provide timely inputs to RM obsolescence control and IBP processes
- Strong Experience in FMCG supply and material planning
- Experience with ERP systems eg IFS/NAV/SAP is desirable
- Strong Analytical skills/numerate
- Commercially aware
- Ability to work with large amounts of complex data and analyse trends
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills – ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms and calmly escalate issues and resolutions
- Broad knowledge of inventory control, manufacturing processes and material control
- Good IT skills, advanced Excel
If you would like to be consider for this role and feel that you have the right skills, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.