HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER (FMCG)
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 (Negotiable based on experience)
Location: Cheshire – Head office – Ellesemere port.
Sector / Industry: Manufacturing
Job Reference: JW202117
Are you someone who has the ability to Champion Health & Safety in the most effective manner?
Are you educated to NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent? (qualification is essential with GradIOSH) – Will consider recently qualified
Are you an individual who excels at setting processes, structure and adhering to standards?
- Permeant Position – £35,000 – £45,000 + Bonus
- Monday – Friday
- Health care
- 24 Days holidays + Bank
- Progression opportunity
- Lead the creation and implementation of Bevies’ regional H&S framework and policy arrangements.
- Close collaboration with international safety teams to drive towards global alignment regarding policy arrangements.
- Development of a compliance continual improvement programme regarding legislative compliance, policy & management
- Lead, train & mentor stakeholder groups to foster a proactive & engaging Health & safety culture across departments / sites.
- Develop, implement & own a reporting dashboard for H&S and compliance metrics.
- Establish initiatives and actions to bring H&S policies and arrangement to life in an engaging & visual manner.
- Coordinate H&S committee activities & provide training, support & mentoring to members to develop a culture of continual improvement.
- Design & implement a cross departmental toolbox talk programme to bring policy to life across teams (translating legislation to action)
- Lead the creation and development of a cross departmental risk management programme, including risk assessments & control measure training.
- Work with site and departmental leads in the completion and timely review of risk assessments
- Own the reporting of risk management metrics across operations, for review at H&S committee meetings.
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) qualification is essential with GradIOSH membership.
- Recent proven experience of working in a health and safety role at a similar level and fostering a positive & engaging safety culture.
- Practical experience of OHSAS18001 and BRC management systems desirable
- AIEMA / OHSAS lead auditor accreditation desirable
- Sound understanding and knowledge of UK and European regulatory frameworks and Approved Codes of Practices (ACOP)
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management programmes, legislation, management, and safety standards / best practice within FMCG
- Ability to interpret regulatory & enforcement requirements and provide authoritative advice on health, safety & risk management issues.
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring to develop health & safety knowledge and expertise.
- Experience of successfully managing projects is desirable.
- Problem solving – ability to think outside the square, evaluate both problems and opportunities from various stakeholder standpoints and resolve.
- Language ability – write business relevant information in all required formats.
- Planning/organising – thinks ahead; prioritises and plans work activities; uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate to all stakeholder groups across Bevie in an engaging and collaborative manner.
- Computer literacy – extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- A current, full driver’s License, ability to drive a manual car independently and must meet insurance underwriting requirements.
- A valid passport and eligibility to work in the UK
- A registered Graduate member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health desirable (GradIOSH)
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Jasmine.email@example.com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Direct:
Jasmine Williams – Managing Consultant.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.