Freight Forwarding Manager (Road Freight)
£30,000 – £35,000 (flexible depending on experience)
Monday – Friday, Days
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Freight Forwarding Manager to join a leading general haulage and forwarding business.
They are seeking a Forwarding Manager to support the current operation in the management of all sub contracted general haulage loads.
- Experience of working for a transport clearing house and sub contracted loads
- Proven experience within the management of third party general haulage loads
- Previous Transport management experience within the general haulage industry.
- The ability to grow and develop general haulage contracts
- Experience within a similar transport manager position
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Presentable, polite and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Competent decision making
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Negotiating and managing 3PL haulier rates
- Performance management of all 3PL hauliers
- To grow the general haulage operation through existing contacts and networking
- Customer service – resolving customer issues/complaints and ensuring critical KPI’s are met.
- Supervision of 3 x transport sub contract planners
- Coordination with external compliance provider
- Procedural accuracy, training and full compliance of all transport operations.
- Managing general transport budget
- Liaising with sub-contractors
If you have Forwarding Experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.