EU Road Freight
White Moss, Manchester
£25,000 – £30,000 (Flexible Depending On Experience)
Monday – Friday, 08:30-17:00
An exciting new role has arisen with a quick growing supply chain business for an experienced Freight Forwarder. The role is to organise and coordinate the import and export of goods within Europe.
The ideal candidate will have a freight forwarding background within import & export road freight, knowledge and understanding of customs clearance and documentation and, experience negotiating with hauliers.
- Experience of working as a Freight Forwarder
- Import and export experience within EU road freight
- Freight Forwarding experience via road is highly advantageous
- Customs clearance and entries experience is desired
- Experience of CHIEF, Destin8, CNS or Data Freight is highly desirable
- A good knowledge and understanding of customs documentation – import & export
- Freight forwarding experience within temperature controlled business is desirable
- Up to date knowledge of import and export regulations
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise workloads
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Confident decision making and negotiating
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Must have a flexible approach
- Be able to work within a developing forward thinking team
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Full end to end process from arranging hauliers to POD
- Handling EU Road freight, imports & exports – planning trailers & negotiating prices with hauliers
- Managing all customer queries and booking within a timely manor
- Booking deliveries and consolidate loads for more cost effective runs
- Reporting of new business wins & lost business
- Producing and sending sales invoices
- Work with financial directors to ensure all accounts are credit checked prior to quoting
- Identify growing trends in the market
- Communicate with key accounts, customer service & sales department to ensure resolution of any issues in transit
- Advising on the documentation necessary for direct import/export, transit movements
- Ensuring that all necessary custom clearance processes post Brexit are implemented in a timely and accurate fashion
- Utilising your knowledge of customs tariffs, CPC codes and security declarations
- To ensure the company is fully compliant with the requirements of HMRC and other relevant bodies.
If you have Freight Forwarding Experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.