Import & Export, EU Road Freight
£25,000 – £40,000 (Flexible Depending On Experience)
Monday – Friday, 08:00-18:00
An exciting new role has arisen with a leading forwarder, for an experienced Freight Forwarder. The family run business provide a diverse range of Logistics Services throughout the UK, Ireland & Europe.
The ideal candidate will have a freight forwarding background within import, export and EU road freight experience. The freight forwarder will have a good level of experience coordinating a full end to end freight cycle.
- Experience of working as a Freight Forwarder
- Import and export experience is essential
- Freight Forwarding experience via EU road freight is highly advantageous
- Customs clearance and entries experience is desired
- Experience of CHIEF, Destin8, CNS or Data Freight is highly desirable
- Exposure to Irish Sea operations is desired
- Freight forwarding experience within domestic is advantageous
- Experience working within a transport company
- Up to date knowledge of import and export regulations
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise workloads
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Confident decision making and negotiating
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Must have a flexible approach
- Be able to work within a developing forward thinking team
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Price, quote, negotiate and organising freight movements with a vast contact base of sub-contractors
- Full end to end freight process from pricing to delivery
- Respond in a timely manner to all customer queries surrounding transport solutions
- Ensure solid cost control through the arrangement of transport solutions
- Maintain companies highest quality transport solutions to all customers
- Ensure the best shipment routes are selected taking into consideration the nature of the good and security needs
- Consolidate loads with a common destinations to reduce costs to individual customers
- Keep up to date with relevant legislations and other factors that may affect freight shipping
If you have Freight Forwarding Experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.