You will play a critical role in ensuring that projects are financially viable, competitively priced, and completed within budget constraints. You will contribute significantly to the success of construction projects, manufacturing processes, and other endeavours where cost estimation is essential.
- A minimum of 1 year experience of estimating in construction is required.
- Ability to read architectural and structural drawings.
- Previous experience as an estimator in the construction industry is essential, ideally within the façade, glass or steel industry.
- Be an effective communicator across all levels of the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail -you will ensure all relevant costs are considered in your estimates.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and ethical conduct, as well as honesty and transparency in the estimation process.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner, either independently or as part of a team.
- You must be willing to work on-site, this position is not hybrid/remote.
- Working from architectural & structural drawings and specifications, you will assess material, labour and equipment required.
- You will analyse different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- You will be required to produce quality written and informative submissions supported by internally produced design and engineering documents in a timely manner.
- Examine project specifications, blueprints, and other relevant documents to gain a thorough understanding of the scope, requirements, and constraints of the project.
- Determine the quantities of materials, labour, and equipment needed for a project based on the project specifications and drawings. This involves a detailed analysis of construction plans and other relevant documents.
- Utilize historical cost data, industry benchmarks, and current market prices to estimate the overall cost of a project. This includes direct costs (materials, labour, equipment) and indirect costs (overhead, profit margin).
- Develop comprehensive and competitive bids or proposals for projects, considering all relevant costs, timelines, and project requirements.