£27,000 – £38,000 (Flexible Depending On Experience)
Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm
An exciting ‘brand new’ role has arisen with a leading forwarder, for an experienced Customs Specialist. The role is to oversee customs team to ensure that all clearance processes are completed in a complaint and timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have a customs background in road freight across either import or export and a good knowledge of CHIEF, Destin8, CNS, Data Freight and similar systems.
- Have a background within customs via road, air or sea
- Experience within using CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and Data Freight or similar systems highly advantageous
- Must have experience within writing customs declarations and clearances
- Customs experience within a forwarding business
- ‘Attention to detail’ is very important to ensure the business is compliant and passes HMRC audits, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Previous experience within a freight forwarding, logistics or customs clearance position
- A background within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
- HMRC – Customs declarations experience, Imports and exports
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Interfacing between the management team, HMRC, customs, suppliers and end Customers
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize workloads.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Competent decision making
- Must have a flexible approach
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Ensuring that all clearance processes are completed in a complaint and timely manner.
- Providing information to your team and customers directly relating to HMRC customs and excise for the export of shipments via road, air &/or sea
- Advising on the documentation necessary for direct import/export, transit movements
- Ensuring that all necessary custom clearance processes post Brexit are implemented in a timely and accurate fashion
- Utilising your knowledge of customs tariffs, CPC codes and security declarations
- Working alongside the Head of Customs to agree and implement business strategy
- Where required – attending industry seminars to network / maintain knowledge
- Assisting with the development of our digital platform for customs
- Manage a team of Import / Export / Shipping specialists.
- To ensure the company is fully compliant with the requirements of HMRC and other relevant bodies. And ensure good query resolution
If you have Customs Specialist Experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.