Job Title: Credit Controller
Salary 25k – Permenant – Immediate Start
Aspion are currently recruiting for an experienced Credit Controller to join a small team on a permenant basis inthe Stockton on Tees area.
You will need to work well in a team and have experience working in the role.
- Liaison with customers regarding overdue debts and collection of those in line with company credit policy by telephone, letter and personal visit if required.
- Identify and eliminate opportunities for customers to delay payments and notify senior managers of non-compliance such as returned cheques/payments and notification of any formal arrangements. This includes returned Direct Debit payments.
- Identify, register and progress chasing and resolution of invoice queries with both internal (sales/operations/credit risk/billing team) and external customers.
- Production of weekly/monthly reports in accordance with set requirements.
- Liaison with branches and sales over held orders for equipment release.
- To achieve and apply excellent communication skills to ensure cash collection.
- Ensure the continued integration of existing and new procedures within the working practices of the credit control department through personal adoption of those.
- Proven planning, organisational, time management and negotiation skills and the ability to follow tasks through to a successful conclusion.
- Previous experience in a similar role with knowledge of sales ledger is essential.
- Sufficient self-confidence and strength of personality to be able to communicate with and persuade adversaries and supporters alike with the ability to liaise successfully with other departments within the business.
- Self-motivator with sufficient incentive to meet targets and set and provide a positive contribution to the performance of the business.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience of SAP would be an advantage.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Be a team player and able to work with minimal supervision.
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website