Job Title: Accounts Assistant/ Purchase Ledger Clerk
Location: Great Manchester
The successful candidate will be supported by a team of four in finance and you will report into the Finance Director, I’m seeking a driven induvial who would be happy taking on multi-functions in finance and in return you’ll gain a supportive team and development in your career.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Sterling, Euro and Dollar Purchase Ledger;
- Recording and processing purchase invoices accurately and ensuring all invoices are correctly authorised.
- Responsible for carrying out monthly supplier statement reconciliations prior to payment;
- Producing two supplier payment runs a month and setting up on internet banking for approval by Finance Director.
- Processing daily sales invoices, uploading on to accounting system and factors accounts and producing daily sales reports distributed across the business.
- Responsible for posting cash to the Purchase and Sales Ledger and carry out month end reconciliations.
- Processing new customer applications, requesting changes in credit limits and updating customer details with the Factoring Company.
- Preparing daily bank reconciliations across all bank accounts and receipts and payments are correctly recorded and allocated.
- Responsible for managing the Sterling petty cash and processing transactions on the accounting system.
- Checking of carriage invoices to quotes prior to authorisation.
- Processing debit/credit card payments from customers.
- Submitting monthly Intrastat arrivals.
- Preparing weekly payroll from wages sheets provided using Sage Payroll system and setting up on internet banking for approval by Finance Director.
- Main point of contact with suppliers in terms of dealing with queries and requests and maintaining accurate details of existing suppliers.
- Work within guidelines and report to the Finance Director on outstanding issues.
- Use initiative and imagination to achieve results.
Skills & Attributes
- Strong communication skills and ability to establish and maintain good relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail and reconciliation of supplier accounts, capable of identifying and resolving wider issues.
- Genuine enthusiasm for providing a high standard of customer service and an ability to promote a positive attitude within a Finance team of four.
- Well organised with an ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands effectively.
- Prior experience of Sage Line 50 accounting package is desirable but not essential.
- AAT is desirable but not essential.
To apply for this role please follow the link, the client is commencing interviews from Monday 14th June.
For more information please call Maria @Aspion